Checking in to your flight is a crucial stage of your journey as it confirms that you will be on the correct flight, and you also get the boarding pass, which is an essential travel document that needs to be carried. If you are a new traveler with Air India, you must know How to check in online with Air India. You can do it as soon as 48 hours up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure of your domestic flight and up to 2 hours earlier in case of an International flight by replicating the basic set of steps described below.
- Open the website www.airindia.com
- Hit the Check-in option at the top of the Homepage.
- Fill in your Booking Reference number/ PNR and Last Name to see the Booking details.
- Mark the desired flight and click the Check-in option.
- You will be asked to select the Seat if you haven’t chosen it while booking.
- Select your preferred Seat or skip the step to get a random Seat, and the process is complete.
- You will receive the e-boarding pass attached to an endorsement email instantly.
Furthermore, after web/online check-in, you are not required to visit the airport check-in counters for luggage checks. You can simply drop your bags at the dedicated Air India baggage drop counters.
What Are the Alternate Methods for Check-In at Air India?
Apart from Online/ web check-in, you can also check in to your Air India flight by using the modes brought up below.
You have also got the mobile check-in option at Air India through their mobile App. You are only required to Install their App on the phone and follow the below steps.
- Open the App on your device and sign in to your existing Air India account.
- Navigate the My Bookings option in the Menu Bar, mark the flight you want to check in and tap the OK option.
- You will be carried to the Seat selection Map. Select a Seat or skip the step and give your consent to complete the process.
- You will get the mobile boarding pass on your phone, and you can download it.
Checking in through a Kiosk at the departure airport helps you surpass the queue at the check-in counters. You can easily find a Kiosk near the Air India counters at the airport. Click the check-in option on the screen and enter your PNR/ Booking reference number. Again, click the OK button to get your printed boarding pass.
Airport Check-in counters:
As a last resort, you can visit the check-in counters at your departure airport to get the boarding pass and check your luggage. You are only required to show your e-ticket and a government-issued ID proof for verification. You can also ask for a preferred Seat if available; otherwise, they will give you a random Seat. After successful check-in, they will provide you with the physical boarding pass, and you can proceed with the security check. Note you are strictly required to visit the airport check-in counter:
- 60 minutes before the scheduled Departure for a domestic/short-haul flight and
- Two hours before the planned Departure for an International/ long-haul flight.
Disclaimer: As an independent travel agent, Skyofares arranges your travel plans, including flight and hotel changes. While we do make reservations for the same as an associate booking provider, we do not claim to be a specific hotel, airline, or travel service provider. Here, we mean to give customers top-notch, trustworthy services for a wonderful travel experience.Copyright © -2023 skyofares.com. All Rights Reserved.