Whoever is going to fly with Air India may have some questions regarding carrying luggage on the flights, like "How to do baggage check-in Air India" so that they shouldn't face any difficulties during flight boarding. If you have any doubts or want to know how to check your bags at the airport or via an online method with Air India flights, then you can thoroughly read the information provided in this blog.
How Can Someone Check His Bag on Air India Flights Online?
Air India flights have provided a hassle-free procedure for baggage check-in via the airline's official website and at the airport. But if you are wondering about baggage check-in by just relaxing and staying at home, then the below web check-in steps will help you with flight check-in with Air India flights.
- For the first step, you must visit the official page of Air India.
- Then, you have to visit the "web check-in" page on the airline.
- Now, you must enter your reservation itinerary, like the PNR number, booking reference code, and the last name mentioned on the ticket.
- After that, click the option of "add check-in bags.
- Now, the person must select the total number of bags by tapping on the button "add a number of bags.
- Then, your bags will be successfully added.
- Afterward, the tag of your luggage will be generated.
- You need to print the tag of each bag on thick paper.
- Then, you have to fold the tag from the center in a horizontal direction.
- You have to fold the paper from the center.
- You need to ensure that bar codes will be visible.
- Now, when you visit the airport for flight boarding for departure, you need to visit the check-in counter.
- You must ask the tag holder to add the printed tag to the bags.
What Are Some Terms and Conditions for Carrying Bags with Air India Flights?
There are so many guidelines that need to be followed by Air India passengers since it will help them to easily go through the check-in procedures and easily board their flights with their bags:
- As per the Air India policy, the passenger is allowed to travel with one carry-on bag and one personal bag for free, like handbags, laptop bags, or purses.
- People carrying assistive devices and outer garments will not be counted under personal items.
- According to the Air India guidelines, the carry-on bag will be adjusted in the overhead bin or under the front seat.
- The maximum dimension of the carry-on bag is about 22 in x 16 in x 8 in, which includes length, width, and height, and the maximum weight of the carry-on bag can be 8 kg.
- People traveling in first class with checked bags for international trips are allowed to carry 40 kg.
- Passengers traveling in executive class for international trips are allowed to carry 30 kg of checked baggage weight. For economy class, they can carry 20 kg weight.
- Air India says the maximum weight of checked baggage can be 32 kg.
- For domestic flights, the maximum weight of the bag for first class and executive class passengers is 40 kg, and for economy class passengers, the weight of the bag can be 30 kg.
Disclaimer: As an independent travel agent, Skyofares arranges your travel plans, including flight and hotel changes. While we do make reservations for the same as an associate booking provider, we do not claim to be a specific hotel, airline, or travel service provider. Here, we mean to give customers top-notch, trustworthy services for a wonderful travel experience.Copyright © -2023 skyofares.com. All Rights Reserved.