Delta Airlines, a certified 3-star airline, focuses on providing the best services to passengers through policies and processes. Situations can arise for passengers when they face the issue of how to proceed further in cases of lost, delayed, or damaged baggage. The passenger first needs to know the baggage policy of Delta Airlines before understanding how to proceed with the calling process to report or file a complaint with the airline.
Delta Airlines Baggage Policy:
The baggage check-in policy for Delta Airlines is quite flexible, and the passengers can go through the policy provided below:
- The baggage check-in can be done before, during, or after the scheduled trip. You can do bag check-in 24 hours before the flight's departure and then drop the baggage at Baggage Drop. The baggage can also be checked-in at the airport by making the payment for the same.
- The bag fee varies between 30 USD to 40 USD which can vary according to the route and fare class.
Delta Airlines damaged, delayed, or lost baggage process:
Now keeping all this in mind, if the passenger is having any trouble with their baggage, which can be damaged, delayed, or lost, they can go through the steps given:
- If the passenger has lost an item during the flight in the gate area, the ground staff would try to find it for you. If the item lost is undocumented, you need to fill in the lost items form for the same.
- For all the items left behind at the Transportation Security Administration, try to connect with 866-289-9673 and proceed further.
- If the passenger finds some items missing from their bag, they can call the lost and found number at 800-325-8224 or 404-209-3043 and report it to a Delta representative.
- Please be cautious about reporting the missing item from the checked baggage in 24 hours for domestic and 7 days for international travel. After receiving the number, complete and submit the claim within 30 days of reporting.
- The passengers complaining about the baggage should always have their file reference number, using which the staff can better assist you. If you don't receive a reference number, connect to the airline using the feedback or complaint form.
The passenger can make a report if they see that the baggage was damaged during the flight as soon as the flight arrives. The Delta representative will contact you if you submit and file the claim within 24 hours for US travel and 7 days for international travel. You can submit the damaged baggage claim form for the same. If you feel the damage was done during a random inspection, you can connect by contacting us at 866-289-9673.
Delta Airlines’ lost and found central will email you to collect the baggage as soon as they find the one fitting the description given in your claim submitted. The search for your item will go on for 14 days, after which you will receive an email for the same. The items will be returned to you after confirmation, and the airline will take the necessary steps for delivery.
Hope you understood the details given. Feel free to contact the airline for further assistance.
Disclaimer: As an independent travel agent, Skyofares arranges your travel plans, including flight and hotel changes. While we do make reservations for the same as an associate booking provider, we do not claim to be a specific hotel, airline, or travel service provider. Here, we mean to give customers top-notch, trustworthy services for a wonderful travel experience.Copyright © -2023 skyofares.com. All Rights Reserved.