Passengers who have booked a Delta ticket have some concerns related to baggage. Here you can get the required guidance to help pack your bag, including how many bags does Delta allow for free? Suppose you are needed more space; passengers can carry overweight baggage. But they have to follow certain guidelines. These guidelines also include some restrictions on the size and weight of the luggage. To avoid struggles at the last minute, carefully read the policies shared below.
Delta Airlines' baggage policy
Before boarding the flight, check the free baggage allowed on the flight:
- All fares on Delta flights permit passengers to bring one bag and small personal item free of cost. A personal item can be a purse, laptop, or camera bag that can fit well underneath the seat booked by you. And this doesn't include the musical instruments that can even fit in the overhead or under the seat.
- Free items to carry on include a jacket and/or umbrella, drink or food purchased past the security checkpoint, and duty-free merchandise. Also, special items like strollers, wheelchairs, child safety seats, or assistive devices like crutches.
- For the first standard checked bag, passengers have to pay $ 30 to carry up to 23 kg, including one free checked bag and personal item. Plus, one more bag after spending $ 40. And the weight can be included as 23 kg. This is meant for reservations other than Delta SkyMiles, Medallion Status, American Express card, or active military.
- Passengers can notify about the number of bags at the time of check-in within 24 hours of the departure schedule. You can notify via delta.com or the Fly Delta app and pay at the airport or online.
- Carry-on size is allowed around 56 cm x 35 cm x 23 cm (22" x 14" x 9") and not more than this, including the wheels and handles.
- No maximum weight applies to expect Singapore- 7 kg and China (Bejing and Shanghai) - 10 kg
What is Delta Airlines fee for overweight baggage?
The airline charge for extra bags that are usually more than the standard size of 50 pounds or 23 kg on the domestic flight:
- If the weight is more than 51 pounds ( 24 kg) but less than 70 pounds (32 kg), flyers need to pay $ 100 USD per bag.
- When the weight is between 71 pounds ( 33 kg) to 100 pounds (46 kg). The amount for the excess baggage needs to pay around $ 200 for every extra bag.
- Over 46 kg of luggage can't be accepted as checked baggage by the airline.
How many bags does Delta allow for free?
The airline permit one checked bag up to 23 kg and personal items as free baggage regardless of fare. The first standard checked bag is also free for Medallion members, Delta SkyMiles, and Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card Members.
How can I claim lost baggage?
To claim the lost baggage, you need to fill out the baggage claim online and follow the steps:
- Visit the link, https://www.delta.com/bags/claimLanding.action.
- Enter the details like name and reference number.
- Click on the Next button.
- Share the details about your lost baggage.
- Now, click on submit button.
In case passengers have any issues related to the baggage, they can contact the airline's customer support. Dial the delta phone number 1 (800) 221-1212. Visit the website if you have any queries.
Disclaimer: As an independent travel agent, Skyofares arranges your travel plans, including flight and hotel changes. While we do make reservations for the same as an associate booking provider, we do not claim to be a specific hotel, airline, or travel service provider. Here, we mean to give customers top-notch, trustworthy services for a wonderful travel experience.Copyright © -2023 skyofares.com. All Rights Reserved.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *